THN Sleep Therapy is an implantable therapy for the treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), a very serious condition which occurs when the muscles in your airway relax during sleep, causing your airway to narrow or close as you breathe in, and as a result, depriving your brain of oxygen.
This novel neurostimulation therapy was designed for the treatment of patients with moderate to severe OSA who have been unable or unwilling to use continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy. Our Sleep Apnea implant therapy was specifically designed to deliver muscle tone to key tongue muscles, effectively controlling upper airway flow and significantly reducing or eliminating sleep apnea.
THN Sleep Therapy consists of an innovative, CPAP-alternative, fully implantable device called the aura6000, which treats obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) by delivering mild stimulation to the tongue during sleep, hence significantly reducing or eliminating sleep apnea events. The aura6000 system is totally implanted, which means that there are no masks, hoses, mouthpieces, or anything else connected to the patient during sleep.
A THN system looks and operates much like a cardiac pacemaker— except that instead of sending pulses to the heart, it sends mild pulses to the hypoglossal nerve in the neck. In fact, the aura6000 acts like a "pacemaker for the tongue" with the objective of keeping the airway open throughout the night.
THN Sleep Therapy consists of a minimally invasive, surgically implanted system for patients that suffer from moderate to severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea. The procedure to implant this "sleep apnea pacemaker" is performed by an ENT surgeon, usually as an outpatient procedure with quick recovery time.
THN Sleep Therapy's features and benefits include the following:
1. Restore Normal Sleep Patterns: Designed to deliver muscle tone to key tongue muscles, effectively controlling upper airway flow and significantly reducing or eliminating sleep apnea;
2. Simple Procedure: It's less invasive than conventional sleep apnea surgeries, preserving the natural airway anatomy. And the procedure is completely reversible;
3. Freedom to Sleep: There are no masks, hoses, mouthpieces, or anything else connected to the patient during sleep;
4. CPAP Alternative: indicated for people with moderate and severe sleep apnea, who are unable to comply or unwilling to try PAP therapy;
5. No Side Effects: It doesn’t affect normal speech or swallowing.
I'm back to a completely normal life. I'm much more involved with my family and kids, leading a more fulfilling life.
I simply turn on the remote before going to sleep. Then I'm free. I have no pipes, no mask, nothing. It changes everything.